[mythtv-users] PVR-250 not capturing

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 03:25:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
> I've got a couple of old PVR-250's I just threw into my backend to take me
> up to 4 tuners. The backend is saying it can't open audio device.  I can
> find next to no information on
> the tuner card setup in mythtv-setup on this, it seems to have all been
> deprecated on the docs.
>
> In mythtv-setup, my choices for audio device on this card are -
> Alsa:default, none, /dev/dsp.  None seem to work.
> I tested the cards with cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg and get a proper output.
>  My kernel
> is 2.6.31 or thereabouts.  IVTV should be rolled into the kernel.  lsmod
> gives me the proper msp3400 listing.
>
> What else should I be looking for?

The 'choices for audio' statement made this stand out for me.
Are you sure you are selecting the correct capture card type in mythtv-setup?
When you selected 'New capture card', did you set the card type
correctly for the MPEG-2 (I think the deafult is V4L type cards).
You would set the first one (if these are the only MPEG2 type cards)
to video0, and the second one to video2.
Myth should detect them just fine in the setup.
Then you of course need to add a 'source' for the schedule info
(unless you have one set already for these) and then connect the
'input's' correctly.

Frank