[mythtv-users] Using Two DTAs with One PVR-500

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Jan 20 03:53:32 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Oh, I thought "*only* a single RF/Coaxial output with a channel 3/4
> selector" meant not 2 RF outputs...  Makes much more sense, now--and
> makes me even happier to be an OTA user who doesn't have a cable company
> playing games to make me pay more.

No, you had it right. Only a single RF output per DTA. You can choose channel
3 or channel 4. But that's it. No RCA, No S-video. If it's really bugging you,
follow the motorola.com link in the lirc config here and you'll see:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-January/278281.html

I would love to do just OTA. But a combination of a slightly rural location in
a valley and a need for Food Network (the wife) and Comedy Central (me) means
a monthly Comcast bill for the foreseeable future.