[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:48:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The other possibility is that your modified mythfrontend binary is
>> still dynamically linking against the original installed libraries.
>> Two different ways to check this:
>> 1. "ldd /path/to/modified/mythfrontend" and see where libmyth*
>> libraries point to.
>
> Yep, you're right:
>  libmythui-0.22.so.0 => /usr/lib/libmythui-0.22.so.0
>
> What do I need to do different on my configure?
> ./configure --prefix=/home/justin/mythtv-bin
> --runprefix=/home/justin/mythtv-bin --enable-proc-opt --disable-altivec
> --disable-audio-arts --disable-joystick-menu --disable-firewire
> --disable-ivtv --disable-v4l --disable-hdpvr --disable-dvb --disable-xvmc
> --disable-xvmcw --disable-directfb --disable-audio-oss --disable-audio-arts
> --disable-audio-jack
>
> ideally, I'll add --enable-vdpau, but thats an off topic issue for me to
> resolve with my vdpau install.

Assuming you already did the "make install", you will want to add the
appropriate paths to the front of your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variables.  My guess is that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset, so
doing something like this (under bash) may fix it:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/justin/mythtv-bin/lib

Jim