[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:28:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM, jansenj
<jansenj+myth at gmail.com<jansenj%2Bmyth at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> If you're into compiling mythtv from sources, try my suggestion
>> earlier in this thread:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/406282#406282
>>

> Does anyone know of a simple tutorial that would allow me to build a test
> version of the frontend without affecting the one my wife uses?  Or will it
> just simply build and run from whatever directory I build it in and not
> touch the current installation?  I've only used ubuntu packages in the past.

No luck, I can't get it to build and install to my own personal directory.
vdpau is complaining:
vdpau.h:47:25: error: vdpau/vdpau.h: No such file or directory

and if I skip vdpau, the install fails:
cd themes/ && /usr/bin/qmake themes.pro -unix QMAKE=/usr/bin/qmake -o
Makefile
Project ERROR: Please run ./configure
make: *** [themes//Makefile] Error 2