[mythtv-users] Videos not available on remote frontend

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Tue Jan 19 15:37:24 UTC 2010

I'm running 0.22-fixes on mythbuntu.

I've created and copied some videos onto a directory on my backend,
which I've added to the Videos storage group.  If I run the frontend on
this system, when I go into watch videos and scan for changes, they show
up and I'm able to watch them.  When attempting to do the same on a
remote frontend, it fails to find any files, and from looking in the
output last night I saw it saying something like (I'm typing from memory
- can retest later for exact output) "Removing File SG(file name)".  Any
ideas why the remote frontend would be removing videos the backend can
happily see/play?  I did have the frontend on the MBE set up to look in
the same directory for videos in the media settings, but thinking that
that might be why it was working on this system and not the remote one I
took it out of there and retested - same results - FE on MBE can
see/play them, but remote FE won't.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
James.