[mythtv-users] Harmony Remote setup - is Wiki current?

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Tue Jan 19 04:39:02 UTC 2010

Dave Richardson wrote:
> Is the wiki page current and complete for setup of a Harmony (One) remote?
>  I'm switching to one on Mythbuntu 9.10/Myth 0.22, wanted to make sure I
> set aside the time.  Didn't want to chase the wrong process if there's
> something newer/better/easier/etc.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup

I think it depends what you have as an IR receiver but that how-to will
give you a rough overview. If you have carte blanche  but an existing
case then I would recommend an Antec Veris Basic IR receiver to start.
The are cheap and support all of the iMon codes. If you are looking for
a case then an Antec Fusion (or similar) will be good. From there add
lirc-0.8.6 and then it is just a matter of adding the right lircd.conf
and lircrc. The lirc library (e.g.
/home/youruser/lirc/lirc-0.8.6/remotes/imon/) has the correct iMon
lircd.conf files to get you going that maps to the standard lircrc
values. This will get you 90% of the way.

A couple of LinHES/Knoppmyth specific how-to's on the subject exist at:
http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20749
or
http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20754
depending on what you start with.