[mythtv-users] Upgrade Old system

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Jan 18 18:43:41 UTC 2010

This is probably a theme which has been asked about a few times but I
just want to make sure I'm clear

I have an ancient FC6 Myth 0.20 system built from RPM's in the UK with
two DVB and a analog capture card.

My plan is to migrate the data and the cards to a new box with a dual
core 64 bit CPU and Centos. With any luck I can put in a DVB-S card and
get UK HD. FC moves too fast for this near production system, and I
don't want to re-install the box every few months.

So what I hope I can do in set up the current version of Myth on the
Centos system and move both the original database and files over to it.
Am I right that the new Myth System will upgrade the database?

If not all I really want to keep are tables about the existing
recordings and if possible the recording schedules.

Sorry if this has been asked about 1000 times before

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.