[mythtv-users] HW CAMs, CI support, legal subscription viewing (DVB-S2)

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Mon Jan 18 08:39:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

> As a matter of fact, I'd very much like to see some people who have
> legal hardware CAM usage implemented in MythTV provide some information
> to help people who want to use it (and whose providers allow it).

I've got two myth boxes with CI/CAM/Subscription cars running:

0.21:
* WinTV-NOVA-CI, DVB-S only (CI on daughter card)
* Alphacrypt CAM
* German SKY Subscription card
* Austrian ORF channels also unlocked by SKY Card

Has been up for ages and works without any problems. Has two additional TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S Cards for FTA. Used to have a 2nd NOVA-CI with CI/CAM, no problem with that setup either

0.22:
* TT 3200, DVB-S + DVB-S2, (CI on daughter card)
* Alphacrypt CAM
* German SKY Subscription card
* Austrian ORF channels also unlocked by SKY Card

Have been using this since November, also works without problems. Multirec with 2 Recorders works for decoding 2 streams from the same transponder. Encrypted ORF1/2 HD, DVB-S2 also work.

0.22:
* TT 3200, DVB-S + DVB-S2, (CI on daughter card)
* ORF Cryptoworks CAM
* ORF Subscriber Card

This worked after using the ORF Card in a stand-alone receiver and kept working for just a few weeks in mythtv; looks like the automatic extension of subscription doesn't work correctly, need to plug the card into a standalone receiver every few weeks for ~ 30 minutes to reenable the subscription.

I didn't try to access any CAM Menus via Mythtv - I set up the CAMs/Smartcards using gnutv -cammenu and turned off pin protection there.

Bye, Martin