[mythtv-users] Power recording rule to choose between dual feeds

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 18 07:12:39 UTC 2010

On 01/17/2010 10:51 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> channel x: TeamA at TeamB               (home feed)
>> channel x+1: TeamA at TeamB           (away feed)
>>
>> The programids are the same but I can recognize home games with "at
>> MyTeam" in program.subtitle.
>> Away games would have "MyTeam" without "at MyTeam".
>>
>> When my team is away I want the away feed but when my team is home I
>> want the home feed.
>> How can I choose the right channel?
>>
>> I have to also keep in mind that sometimes there is only one feed and
>> I will want to choose that
>> no matter if it is home or away.
>>
> Piece of cake up until that last requirement. That's what makes it
> tricky, and you are either going to have to do a few subqueries or an
> outer join, with the join probably being cleaner.

Or just use 2 recording rules.  One for "at MyTeam" and one for the
"only one feed" (as, TTBOMK, you won't ever see "at MyTeam," "at
TheirTeam," and "one one feed" shown for the same game).

This avoids all the complexity of complex joins and will likely be
significantly more efficient for the scheduler.

Mike