[mythtv-users] scheduling problem: want first showing not later one

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 18 07:07:25 UTC 2010

On 01/17/2010 05:28 PM, Michael Rice wrote:
> Today there was a sports event on and mythtv saw that it is on again
> (at 1:00am) and decided
> to record it then instead.  Usually that's good but not so much for
> sports since I normally want
> to watch it before I learn the score.
>
> I am currently using 0.22.  I looked at my settings and "Reschedule
> Higher Priorities" is not
> checked.  I thought this kind of behavior would be caused if this was
> checked but it wasn't.
> As far as I can tell lower priority recordings were made instead as
> the sports event is one
> of my highest priorities.
>
> So what I'd really like to do is have my sports events record on the
> first showing and not later
> and have all other rules record later if needed.  If that isn't
> possible how do I get the scheduler
> to pick the first (or highest priority) recording in general?
>
> Any suggestions?

If in fact "Reschedule Higher Priorities" is disabled, that means that
you had a conflict at the earlier time and the sports event lost.
Therefore, had it not aired again, the sports event would not even have
been recorded.  In other words, the existence of a second showing had
absolutely nothing to do with Myth's not recording the first if
"Reschedule Higher Priorities."  Myth just couldn't record the things
you said you wanted and the sports event.

You can see this by going into Manage Recordings|Previously Recorded,
then finding the showing and looking at the status to see it didn't
record because of conflict.

So, the solution is to "get your priorities straight."  :)

Mike