[mythtv-users] HDPVR setup irsend error

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 18 02:31:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

>>>See the reply I just sent. If this happens again, checksum whatever is
>>>left in /lib/firmware/ vs. a freshly downloaded copy...
>>
>> Well maybe this is part of the problem.  There was no /lib/firmware
>> directory,
>
> Huh? What distribution is this again?

Never mind, looked at earlier mail, which says x86_64 Fedora 12.
Something is VERY wrong if you have no /lib/firmware, it should always
be there on a Fedora install.

>> I’m using exactly what’s linked in the wiki, i.e.
>> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/lmilk/lircd.conf which apprently others
>> like John have used with success.
>
> Others, including myself. Are you sure you're actually using that
> lircd.conf and not some other one (or none)? What version of lirc is
> this?

For the record, in Fedora 12, its /etc/lirc/lircd.conf we look for,
not /etc/lircd.conf. (Per default path change upstream).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com