[mythtv-users] New MythTV Web/Internet Video Plugin

Dan dansto.well+myth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 17:02:30 UTC 2010

2010/1/13 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:45 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 02:19:04PM -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23123
>>>
>>> May the games (and patches!) begin.
>>
>>    Can this run with the 0.22 release or do we have to rebuild and
>> re-install everything from scratch to use this?
>
> Although I can't think of a good reason it *wouldn't* install properly
> on .22, the potential to make database upgrades to .23 hard, the
> likelihood that things will change, and the general "unknown" factor
> of running it on .22 when there's barely enough time to get it
> polished for .23 makes me ask that it not be.

Just a note for anyone who may be tempted to try installing it on
0.22: it's now known for sure not to work. From irc:

16:46 <+iamlindoro> we have since discovered that it won't compile
16:46 <+iamlindoro> against .22
16:46 <+iamlindoro> ie, we can now think of good reasons
16:46 < wagnerrp> turns out its using some UI code that does not exist in 0.22

Best
Dan