[mythtv-users] HW CAMs, CI support, legal subscription viewing (DVB-S2)

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sun Jan 17 14:04:45 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Talk of legal hardware CAM is fine here.  Just make sure it stays away
> from the softcam topic or other ways of circumventing the provider's
> access protections.
>
> As a matter of fact, I'd very much like to see some people who have
> legal hardware CAM usage implemented in MythTV provide some information
> to help people who want to use it (and whose providers allow it).
>
> Mike

Legal talk would be ok, but it *always* degenerates into softcam and
other discussions surrounding
legality, fair use, etc.  We've all seen this for years.  I was just
trying to head it off at the pass.
I for one would LOVE to see a cam card for my Dish recievers to legally
recieve my paid for content,
but I know it will *never* happen.  Perhaps he can get the information
he needs elsewhere and update the
wiki.  With that said....  here we go again.....