[mythtv-users] Scanning for digital channels with Hauppauge HVR-1600

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 00:28:41 UTC 2010

----- "Big Wave Dave" <bigwavedave at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Phusion <phusion2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am in need of some advice when trying to scan for digital channels
> > using the Hauppauge HVR-1600. I am using Mythdora 10.21 and have
> > upgraded to MythTV 0.22.2 using yum. I have followed the instructions
> > on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600, but haven't had any
> > luck getting any channels using the drivers from linuxtv.org. I have
> > tried scanning for channels in mythtv-setup as well as the method in
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVB_search which first gets a list of
> > channels then uses scan.sh to try and record. Please advise.
> >
> > Phusion
>
> I am not sure if this applies to you, but you may want to look at:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan

I have a similar card (the HVR-2250). Even if you don't use scte65scan, it is unusual for the card not to see ANY channels.

I would also check to be sure that the firmware is in the right spot, and that it is being loaded. Check /var/log/messages for lines that relate to the card. You might see a "can't find firmware" message, in which case moving the files around might be in order. (I am not near my machine so I can't make suggestions.)