[mythtv-users] Forcing frontend resize

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Jan 16 02:07:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:58 AM,  <emarkert at aim.com> wrote:
> In version 0.21 the frontend would automatically generate the images and
> would resize accordingly.  Since upgrading to 0.22, this automatic resizing
> doesn't occur and it causes portions of the viewing area to be chopped when
> viewing in the 1024x786 window.  I've tried to manually reset this under
> setup, appearance to no effect.
>
> I've looked at the frontend options, but I couldn't see any argument that I
> could pass that would force this image regeneration and resizing.

I've had some issues with this as well (not quite what you describe),
but I've found if I have "Theme cache size" (under Utilities/Setup ->
Setup -> Appearance) set to 1, then everything just works.

I have an fvwm menu setup that can launch mythTV in 10 different
sizes, depending on my need at the moment.

Eric