[mythtv-users] video stutter with VDPAU and 1080i DVB

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Fri Jan 15 20:26:21 UTC 2010

Note I had bad WriteAudio Buffer underruns when I had enabled RealTime threads using the
HOWTO which specificed these be put in my limits.conf

#mythtv frontend?
  *               –       rtprio     0
  *               –       nice       0
mythtv          –       rtprio     50
mythtv          –       nice       0

but I think the first two lines where causing other subsystems bad performance so I
removed first two lines and Buffer underruns then mostly went away.

Note I now have a Fedora 12 system

So my big problem was the recommend config for Realtime was just plain wrong
But now I'm only getting the occasion Prebuffer issue but the original reason I tried this
was I;m getting Audio out of sync to Video, which I guess must be a similar system.

Personally like you I've always suspected some issue with the Audio system or even ALSA.

But I'm not a ALSA expert so perhaps there is some ALSA config which can assist or
workaround this audio performance issue eg increased audio buffers or enable realtime
audio performance???

anyway hope this helps

BTW can I request the Realtime HOWTO be reviewed to see if its sane ?

thanks
Paul