[mythtv-users] Making mysql setting changes outside of mythfrontend.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 15 18:21:23 UTC 2010

On 01/15/2010 11:59 AM, jansenj wrote:
> I have two different setting configurations that I use for myth that I
> would like to control via scripts.  The problem I have found is that
> mythfrontend doesn't always pull in settings that were changed "under
> the hood".  Aside from restarting the frontend, does anyone have any
> suggestions on how to force the new settings to take effect from
> inside a script?  I then plan to assign the script to a remote control
> button.

I recommend doing things properly:  don't change settings "under the
hood" (or over it or around it).

What you need is 2 different configurations for the frontend.  Use the
config.xml/mysql.txt LocalHostName hostname override to determine which
one mythfrontend uses.

I.e. set up your frontend the way you use it most often using the plain
hostname.  Then, change the config.xml/mysql.txt to include a
LocalHostName override of "hostname-fullscreen" (or whatever) and
configure it the way you want to use it the other times.  Then, you can
simply swap config.xml/mysql.txt files to switch configurations.

Mike