[mythtv-users] Pausing playback in Windows version pegs cpu usage at 99%

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv at kosowsky.org
Thu Jan 14 21:29:44 UTC 2010

Windows version of frontend works well *except* when I pause video. If
I don't resume immediately, the frontend seems to basically freeze up
my machine using 99% of the CPU. I need to then kill the process.

I posted a similar message before indicating that going into the
cutlist editing mode did the same thing.

So, there seems to be something about "freezing" frames that is just
totally dragging down the frontend.

Note that playback itself is surprisingly smooth given that I am using
WIFI and an old machine as both Linux backend and Windows frontend.

Note I am using 0.22-fixes r22787.