[mythtv-users] Way! OT Epson wless printer as NAS

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:20:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 14 January 2010 08:59:23 am Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> Greg Oliver wrote:
>> > There is no "single device" on the planet in multi-TB form anyhow..
>>
>> Except for those 2TB drives that have been around for several months?
>
> There are supposedly 2TB SDXC cards available as well.
>
> The 60TB unit I saw was from a vendor that sells normally to military
> contractors and the like, I'm still looking through my browser history to try
> and find it, since I never intended to buy it I didn't bookmark it.
>
> Even 1TB drives are large enough for most Myth systems, bigger than that and
> you are getting close to the "all your eggs in one basket" type of problems.

Yes, I agree whole-heartedly..  I would save files in my toaster if I
could (since that is probably the most reliable piece of electric
equipment in the house)  ;-)

I just got a 1TB USB drive to rip it open and replant it in a E-SATA
case only to find out the fols at WD put the USB interface right on
the circuit board, and left off the sata connections completely..
what a waste..  It is only a 5400 rpm drive, but I would have liked
the extra 100mbps or so anyhow....