[mythtv-users] Editing cutlist uses 99% of cpu on Windows

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv at kosowsky.org
Wed Jan 13 17:23:51 UTC 2010

I have just started using the Windows version of 0.22-fixes (rev
22787) to run a remote frontend.

Basic video works amazingly well and smooth even for HD video on my
old, slow Celeron laptop.

However, when I go into the editing mode to manually make my cut list
before transcoding, the machine gets incredibly sluggish. It takes
up to a couple of seconds just to move forward/backwared a frame. And
seems to get even slower as the editing proceeds. I had to finally
manually kill the program with cpu usage at 99%.

I have never had such problems on my Linux server (which runs both
backends and frontends).

Any idea what might be going on here? I wouldn't have thought that
anything taxing should be happening during essentially just the
display of still frames.