[mythtv-users] Stuttering and 147 commercial breaks flagged

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:59:24 UTC 2010

I have been using MythTV for about a year and just recently my wife has been
complaining that shows are skipping around.  The log says we are getting
mega audio sync, data lost, issues.  What I noticed was that the shows that
are having trouble are having 147 commercial breaks flagged in the 1/2 hour
show.  It should be more like 4.  The shows that do have 4 breaks flagged
play back fine.  When I turn off commflag, the problem goes away.

I told here the networks have figured out how to trick MythTV and that we
just needed to turn off commercial flagging on those shows.  Did I lie?
 Anyone know what is going on here?  I don't see problems in the database,
which is scrubbed every evening anyway.

My explanation kept here happy but I feel guilty as I really have no idea if
this is true or not.  I am running Mythbuntu 8.04 LTS which is MythTV 0.21.

Allen