[mythtv-users] UPDATED: Bash/MySQL script for copying and/or deleting mythfrontend profiles

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 12 21:46:25 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 04:14 PM, Matt Beadon wrote:
> I'm interested in the delete hostname function since I happen to have
> a few leftover invalid entries in my DB from changing my hostname
> without doing it the "mythtv way".

Let me just mention that if the old settings associated with old
hostnames were actually a problem, MythTV would include a mechanism for
getting rid of them.  As it is, keeping them in place wastes about 8kiB
of storage space on your hard drive--maybe 16kiB at most, depending on a
few factors.

That's not megabytes or gigabytes...  We're talking less than 16384
bytes.  And, in truth--because of the way file systems work--that's
probably space that was already wasted (as empty, but allocated, space)
due to the file system's block size.

Mike