[mythtv-users] Edit XMLTV ID in Channel Editor (backend) but frontend Program Guide not populated

George Rom georgedrom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:59:10 UTC 2010

Thanks Mike. I did check that (using ps) and I tried stopping and starting
the backend service. The frontend to backend communication seemed to be
working, I could manually program recordings and see all recordings. I was
also initially using the frontend editor but it kept hanging on me when I
tried to set more than one channel without exitting in between (I had to
kill the process). It seems that everything did not gracefully restart after
the change. It took me a couple of tries to restart the frontend after the
crashes and the mythfilldatabase output looked a little different than I
remember it looking from install. From now on, I'll manually stop the
backend service before running setup (I was just letting setup kill it),
edit the channels from setup, and if I still have problems, restart.