[mythtv-users] Video offset vertically after upgrading 0.21 -> 0.22

Jonatan mythtv at comhem.se
Mon Jan 11 20:37:02 UTC 2010

dave cunningham wrote:
> In message <NZ0BpZCvBeSLFwHS at echelon.upsilon.org.uk>, dave cunningham wrote
>
>> I'm running a Debian backend server + single frontend client, getting
>> mythtv from the debian multimedia repo.
>>
>> I've just upgraded both backend and frontend from 0.21 to 0.22 (+ fixes).
>>
>> The upgrade appears to have applied with no problems (i.e. I can see
>> all my videos + rules from 0.21 in 0.22 etc.).
>>
>> The GUI on the frontend is still OK.
>>
>> BUT...
>>
>> Video playback is now vertically offset (by about 30% with the top 30%
>> being a black bar, and the bottom 30% of the image being missing)!
>>
>> Video is being output on a VGA -> Scart cable, in interlaced mode. I'm
>> using xv-blit with no deinterlacer. The Xserver is running at 1440x576i.
>>
>> Any ideas (obvious one to me at the moment being to downgrade back to
>> 0.21!)?
>>

> More info, when I select "Appearance -> Use GUI size for TV playback" I
> get a full screen picture though this is letterboxed rather than 16:9 as
> it should be.
>
> Anyone? Or even any ideas whereabouts in the source I should start poking?
Others have had similar issues, me included.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/403821#403821
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/384791#384791

If it's the same problem as I had with Xv then a workaround might be to comment
out everything in VideoOutputXv::WindowResized.

I also tried to solve it in a different way which you can see in the first post
above.  Unfortunately that didn't work properly with the "Interlaced (2x)"
deinterlacer since display_res->GetHeight() was less than the video height for
some reason.

I haven't dug any deeper into it since there is a workaround available, but if
any of the devs want logs I would be happy to provide them.

/Jonatan