[mythtv-users] frontend hardware - any reason not to use ion?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Jan 11 16:48:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:43:49AM -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> wrote:

[deletia]
> > If I simply increase the ram to 2gb the bios will start allowing me to
> > allocate 512 to the onboard video?
> >

> 1.5 GB total ram will let you allocate 512 to video.  I found that 3GB
> total makes it run without swap for the most part.  Without any
> capture devices present..

    I find that the stock Revo seems to be more than adequate. OTOH, I use
it on a secondary TV and with a theme and general configuration originally
intended for an AppleTV. This is my "legacy" configuration is not likely
to change because my "users" get grumpy whenever I try out different theme.

    YMMV.

    What's a good theme to torment an Asrock 330 with? I have those too.