[mythtv-users] volume changing by itself

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:51:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> Maybe a bad physical connection causing a channel to drop out and back in
>> occasionally?
>
> Well, it's not dropping out and back in. In my test now, what it
> seemed like was that it gradually gets quieter and then suddenly gets
> louder. My thinking was something going bad in the TV. I'm gonna test
> it with a pair of headphones later and see if I can recreate it that
> way.

Could your recording have multiple audio streams? I have noticed a
sudden increase in audio volumes of some my recordings at times, and
assumed myth just decided to to switch to a different audio track for
some reason.  I have never dug into what or why, so can't provide any
other info, just a thought at this stage.