[mythtv-users] Power off STB: a new twist from our local cable provider

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:59:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Christian Szpilfogel
<chrisznews4 at rogers.com> wrote:
> Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
>>
>> Brian Wood wrote:

>>> I think sending the "dummy" press as part of the channel change is better
>>> because if you cron it Murphy's Law says it will happen just as a regular
>>> channel change occurs

Another possibility is keep track of when the last time a channel
change command was sent. That way if you're flipping through live tv
you won't have to turn the box off and back on every time. If it's
been more than maybe 30 minutes or so, then have your script can turn
the box off and then back on.