[mythtv-users] Myth Greek translation

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:11:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am willing to start (and hopefully finish) a Greek (Hellenic) translation for Myth.

I sent a similar email to the dev list some time ago but not being a member I didn't get an answer. So..

I am following the instrtuctions in the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation)

Since the translation for Hellenic is from scratch, I copied the mythfrontend_en_us.ts file to mythfrontend_el.ts, and patched the i19n.pro file adding trans.files += mythfrontend_el.qm.

I have already started translating.

Is this the correct approach or am I missing something?

Moreover, due to the differences in language, our question mark is ; instead of ?. This gives me unnecessary punctuation errors in the translator. Is there a way to set the default settings for the target language?

Thank you in advance,

Yianni.