[mythtv-users] Motorola DTA 100

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Jan 11 04:07:17 UTC 2010

njerald at mail.com wrote:
>> Yep, already tried the Pace codes. In fact, that's exactly where I
> copied them from. Still no love.
>
> What version of lirc are you using?  Lirc 0.8.6 added support for the
> XMP protocol - might work better than the raw codes, if you have 0.8.6:
> http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=437577#post7653458
>
> Haven't tried it myself since I'm still on 0.8.5 and the raw codes work
> fine with my Pace...

My testing host has the various lirc 0.8.4a packages from ATrpms installed.

As I mentioned previously, I tried generating my own config with irrecord.
Regular mode generated errors while recording. Raw mode generated a working
configuration but the results were unstable: some buttons didn't give the
output I selected and some multiple presses generated different results.

So there *is* support for whatever protocol this remote uses. I just can't get
it to work reliably.

Maybe my irrecord technique is poor. I just followed the instructions as
printed. Does anyone have an alternate method to generate a lirc config?