[mythtv-users] Power off STB: a new twist from our local cable provider

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Mon Jan 11 02:28:41 UTC 2010

Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
>> On Sunday 10 January 2010 08:17:57 am mike wrote:
>>> As stated above, the ideal solution is a 'dummy' command for the stb
>>> channel change script which emulates a key press without doing
>>> anything.
>>>

>> I think sending the "dummy" press as part of the channel change is
>> better because if you cron it Murphy's Law says it will happen just
>> as a regular channel change occurs
> I agree. Now I just have to figure out the ieee1394 command to send a
> dummy code key press.
>
> I did the power command because that info is quite public but I don't
> have access to the panel subunit spec for tuners. I tried various
> combinations of commands this morning but I couldn't get the sa3250 to
> respond to any of my tries. I think it should be something like:
> 0x00487CE7 aa FF 00 00
> where aa is the panel operation. I also tried replacing E7 with 00
> (PANEL_OPERAND_PRESS)
The more I read through various material (oh for want of a spec!), the
more I think the format should be:
0x00487Caa   where "aa" is the Panel_operation (e.g. SELECT=0x00). E7
(or 67 depending on press vs release) looks like it is simply a "TUNE"
command not a tuner selection. The 04 in the next word of an E7 command
is the number of bytes to follow (though anything other than 04 seems to
be rejected).

What I can't tell if is a non-tune command requires a second word and if
so what should be in it. I've tried a large number of combinations and I
get nothing out of either my SA3250 or SA4250 other than my known values
of Power on/off and channel change. But of course they are both
different formats from what I am trying to achieve.

I must admit my curiosity has far out weighed the benefits now but like
a dog on a bone...

any ieee1394 gurus out there?