[mythtv-users] recommendations for a DVD drive

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Jan 10 02:19:55 UTC 2010

Anyone have any recommendations for a DVD drive?

I seem to have suffered a rather inconvenient failure of all but 1
DVD-ROM in my house.  My DVD-RW portable died on my last trip and I've
been through the closet and everything else seems to be destined for the
junkyard.

I need something reliable, fast, and not region locked.  A DVD-RW is a
must; I have to be able to burn a CD or a DVD.  Portable would be nice
but certainly not a necessity.  Reliability and ability to read
scratched DVDs is a must.

Thanks!

--Yan

--