[mythtv-users] Silicondust Makes CableCard Announcement

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Jan 10 00:11:02 UTC 2010

> I am sorry but if anybody has done more to promote DRM it is Apple.
> They only took out DRM when it was their last resort, because there
> were several other large digital music stores that were doing so. I
> could give my opinion but Ars Technica writes better than me:
> http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/01/a-look-at-apples-love-for-drm-and-consumer-lock-ins.ars.

If I may add one to his list....my $3 from ebay AV cable output AV to
my TV perfectly when connected to my ipod touch. Or at least it used
to.Now, since the 3.0 update, suddenly the video doesn't work anymore
and the device complains that it's not an authorized accessory. Guess
I have to buy the $50 cable if I want it to work again (no, I don't
care THAT much). Yep, apple sure does love its DRM.

But I think we've gotten way off topic :)
--
Ron