[mythtv-users] Motorola DTA 100

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Jan 9 22:21:51 UTC 2010

Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Is anybody using a Motorola DTA 100 with Myth?
>
> http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/TV+Video+Distribution/Customer+Premises+Equipment+%28Set-tops%29/All-Digital+QAM+Set-tops/DTA100_US-EN
>
> I ordered a couple of DTA's from Comcast here in the SF Bay Area in
> preparation for the analog shutdown hitting my area. I did my research and was
> expecting the Pace DTA that everybody seems to have received but I got these
> instead.
>
> I'd like to plug two of these into my old PVR-500 using the IR blaster ports
> on my Microsoft IR receiver.
>
> 1 - Anyone have a LIRC config for this box? A quick search didn't turn up what
> I wanted.
>
> 2 - Anyone using the "IR In" ports on the back? I was expecting to need to
> tape the IR emitters to the boxes. Can I run a cable directly from the IR
> blaster ports on the IR receiver into the "IR In" port on the DTA?

Wow, no takers on this one? Nobody's using this Motorola DTA100 with Comcast?

I've gone through the lirc configs at:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/

but none seem to work with this remote.

I've tried using irrecord to generate my own config. The standard irrecord
mode yields "Something went wrong" messages. But as usual for me, generating a
config using the force raw mode yields completely unreliable results. When I
feed the raw mode config back into lirc and test it with irw, I get output but
buttons move around or give other readings. Sometimes the output changes from
keypress to keypress.

Anyone have any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek