[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Sat Jan 9 20:24:27 UTC 2010

On 01/09/2010 12:59 PM, myShade wrote:

> X-mas was all socks and boxers...  :(
> I could'nt wait any longer....
>
> I got a MSI GT220 with passive heatsink, 1GB DDR3, deliverd to the door
> 2 days after order.. I was so surprised i told the delivery guy i had
> nothing ordered....
> After some xorg-rumble i got the HDMI->HDMI video output working,
> DVI->HDMI worked "out of the box"
>
> So now the audio issue... Any specific alsa branch to look at?
> Since the onboard spdif is still all fine im in no hurry.

I have been looking and there does appear to be some work in this space,
but nothing concrete so far.  Here are the threads I have been following:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/69201
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-December/024231.html
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141704&page=2

Michael