[mythtv-users] New MythTV Web/Internet Video Plugin

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:13:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> see the second link.  If someone implements a grabber (even one that
>> doesn't quite work yet) that adds support for a new site and contacts
>> me with a copy, I would be willing to share the current source
>> repository.  Barring early-birds, we hope to have something out in the
>> next month or two.
>
> Thanks for the information.  I am looking forward to more updates over
> the coming weeks seeing how this progresses - watching a new feature
> get built is half the fun in my opinion.  For me I hope someone with
> the appropriate knowledge manages to get UK support (e.g. BBC iPlayer,
> ITV Player etc) working.  I have not upgraded to the 0.22 release yet
> but if this makes it into the 0.23 release I will certainly be
> upgrading.

I sort of anticipate it being an unofficial plugin, at least for .23.
I have spoken to the MythBuntu folks about getting it packaged for
their next release and that sounds promising.  I just want to make
sure I have worked out most of the major kinks (and the first release
will be far from perfect) before I impose on the other Myth devs.

For what it is worth, I do have one person testing in the UK right
now, and the only things I know of as issues contentwise are:

a) Some MTV Music Videos are region locked
b) dailymotion aggregates some Hulu content and that is obviously unviewable

Youtube, blip.tv, Vimeo, most of Dailymotion, Joost, etc. should all
work great for UK users.

Robert