[mythtv-users] DVD playback problems with ubuntu 9.10/myth 0.22-fixes

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 8 20:43:39 UTC 2010

> Has anyone got their myth system to play >90% of DVDs?  If so can
> you share the recipe or point me in the right direction?  Maybe there are
> DVD drives that do a better job than the one I have? (LITE-ON LH-2B1S)  Or
> is it all about the software?

After fussing with it continually for 2 years, I finally gave up. I've
purchased AnyDVD and rip them to an iso file on my windows computer
and copy them over to myth. It's sort of a mental defeat that I
couldn't get it working consistently under linux without having to do
different tricks for different discs, but at least (so far) everything
works now  (well,mostly...except for randomly exiting back to the menu
now and then).

--
Ron