[mythtv-users] TrueHD in m2ts files (ie: bluray rips)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 8 00:11:49 UTC 2010

> In trunk, TrueHD is decoded as Dolby 5.1 (16 bits audio)... So while
> it works, you won't enjoy high-def sound.

Even that would be fine with me for the moment. If it can't play it,
then it can't play it, but I'd at least prefer to only have to rip
these once with the better audio track. As it is, I'm currently
needing to rip these movies with only the core audio track (I use
ClownBD to extract and generate the m2ts file). Once TrueHD support is
finished, I'm gonna have to go back and rerip them with the TrueHD
track. Just trying to save myself the trouble, if at all possible.

> Look at ticket #7410
> The changeset is http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22608

I forgot to mention, but I did apply that patch already and it didn't
really change anything for me. Same choppy playback.

--
Ron