[mythtv-users] Movie downloaded from MythWeb with bad runtime: how to fix?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Jan 7 19:03:13 UTC 2010

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>> Frank Merrill wrote:
>>>>

>>> A bad seek table will report incorrect length.
>>> If the seek table for the recording is incorrect you might want to read
>>> this:
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable
>> Oh right! Silly me. I hadn't realised the seek tables were put into the
>> mpg file. I'd gotten the idea from somewhere that they were kept
>> somewhere else by Myth and used only when Myth plays them back. Thanks,
>> I'll give that a try.
>
> They are, and they are.  Rebuilding the seektable will only help if
> your player is Myth's Internal one.
>
> If you want to be able to play it *everywhere*, you will likely need
> to remux the recording into a new container.
>
> Example:
>
> ffmpeg -i infile.mpg -acodec copy -vcodec copy outfile.mpg

That's the sort of thing I was looking for. And I thought it had
worked when I tried it. Well it had to some degree. That
produced a file that Nero Showtime will play and show the correct
runtime, but Windows Media Player plays the audio only, and
NeroVision Express shows it as blank (although with the
correct runtime). It's NeroVision that is really my target here.

P.