[mythtv-users] SiliconDust to Announce CableCard Product at CES [RUMOR]

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jan 7 16:11:51 UTC 2010

> Just to be clear, we're not talking about a simple "copy flag"  that
> we could just choose to ignore.  We're talking about strong encryption
> and advanced key management integrated with Window's DRM and key
> protection mechanisms.

I'm wondering just what their requirements would be for a device like
this. When you are dealing with PCI(e) card based system, it's a bit
easier to lock down. I'm wondering, though, how this is done over a
network. How are the encryption/decryption keys exchanged? Does Win7
send a certificate+public key to the cable card, and the cable card
then confirm the validity (and non-revoked status) with an external
sever before sending the data?

--
Ron