[mythtv-users] Broadcom CrystalHD(usbwless)

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu Jan 7 14:27:06 UTC 2010

---- Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
>

> These systems have onboard GPUs, built into their system boards, they aren't on a mini pci-e card. The Crystal HD is a mini pci-e card, which in the case of the Mac Mini and AppleTV, does indeed have to supplant the existing wireless card. So if your system has no wired network connection, you'll have to get an external usb one,
///
I have found it very difficult to find a half-way decent USB wireless stick that works using WPA
and Linux.
By decent I mean plug it in, set up security and then it just works;
I do not mean a card where I have to mess with int every time
I move it to a different box.
The are some very good PCMCIA wireless cards but they may be
getting hard to find and will only work in the high end laptops..
///
 hook up to a wired network, or not use this thing (I have wired connections myself).