[mythtv-users] HD DirectTV

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Thu Jan 7 02:00:25 UTC 2010

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 January 2010 03:58:58 pm Mark wrote:
>
>> Robert McNamara wrote:

>> R5000HD box mod will do it too.   On certain receivers.
>>

> Is that legal? I thought I had heard it was not.
>
> AFAIK there are no legal issues with the HD-PVR1212.

I'm not sure about the legality of the mod.  I know you can still get
new boxes for Dish with the mod.
I think jedi is right about Directv though.  I went HD-PVR so I didn't
have to hack a box.
The usability of the R5000 mod is arguably better though, as the channel
changes are through the firewire.