[mythtv-users] all recorders off-line?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jan 6 19:18:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 11:40 -0500, Paul Kidwell wrote:

> Encoder 1 is remote on backend (currently not connected)
>
> Strangely, I'm having just about the same problem on a new install.

I doubt if it's the same issue exactly. My tuners were still local but
not connected. Yours are showing up as remote. This points to an error
in setting the IP address of your backend. I think there are multiple
places where the master backend, this backend, etc. are set, and if they
don't match, Myth might think your tuners are actually on a different
(nonexistent) back end. Check your most basic General settings.

Also, while it is possible to set up a PVR-500 to have 4 tuners, it
really only has two. The other pseudo-tuners are just the different
inputs on the card (composite vs. coax) and Myth is going to have
problems with scheduling conflicts if you try to enable both of them. So
there is already something wrong with the way you have configured the
tuners. Usually you only want to enable Tuner 0 and Tuner 1, and not the
other inputs, if you are using coax connections. Also make sure you have
set them up as ivtv and not v4l or something else. v4l probing will
detect your tuners but it doesn't work right unless you set them up as
ivtv.

--Greg