[mythtv-users] low family acceptance factor; need advice

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:49:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Aaron <aaron at rb303.net> wrote:
>> Commercial skip will only work when using the Myth frontend, unless you cut
>> the spots out first.
>>
>> Have you considered replacing the offending systems, wife and family?
>

> I'm sorry, that would not be an available option at this time. But
> with me changing things on such a frequent basis the option might be
> exercised for me :)

For the random crashes, you could use irexec and the
mythpowerbutton.sh script to bind a remote key that will restart the
frontend. It works very well, I'm pretty sure there is documentation
in the MythTV wiki on how to set it up. If not, I can try and dig up
how I did it.

For the kids movies, what theme are you using? My kids don't have any
issues finding what they want using MythVideo.

I can't help you on the firewire side, perhaps an HD-PVR is in your future?

Tom