[mythtv-users] Broadcom CrystalHD??

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 6 17:10:03 UTC 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Scott D. Davilla wrote:

>> è•Ë’ÂÚÒÚ’Ûœ, Scott
>>
>> also in next kernel 2.6.34 will be include Linux driver for Crystal HD
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/1173758#
>>
>> thanks to Jarod Wilson
>
> and me too on that :) Look at the git home at http://git.wilsonet.com/crystalhd.git/, I roped Jarod into this game many, many months ago.

Yeah, Scott is the one who brought *me* in on this, so he deserves plenty of thanks as well. He's even written code that actually *uses* the card. :)

(My main focus was cleaning up the driver, making it work on kernels newer than 2.6.24-ish, making it work on 64-bit hosts, etc, all of which is now the case).

Nb: also just got mail from Greg KH just a bit ago, the driver has been merged into the staging tree upstream. Woo!

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com