[mythtv-users] VDPAU on HD channels

Christian CvB at kruemel.org
Tue Jan 5 11:05:08 UTC 2010

Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:44:30 AM, Josu wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, i use XBMC to watch 1080p films with VDPAu and my
> little computer can pkay all of them. But I mean about satellite HD
> channels, it will play?

I can record Satellite HD recordings (DVB-S2) with mythtv, and play
back with XBMC, yes. Playback with mythtv should be possible as well,
but the video is stuttering. There is a fix available, but not (yet)
in 0.22-fixes. You can search the mailing list for more details on
this, it was discussed only recently.

> I have just an PCIe slot, I see the "TeVii S660 DVB-S2 USB " receiver. It
> will work with MthTV?

I have the Tevii USB adapter. Getting it to work with Linux/Ubuntu was
not that easy, but it's working ok now. The remote is not working at
all, though.

Christian