[mythtv-users] No freshrpms repository for FC12

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 4 21:33:02 UTC 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 4:16 PM, steve wrote:

> Still struggling with the wiki page on installing MythTV on Fedora, and I haven’t even gotten to the MythTV part yet :-(
>
> This time the problem is with the repository config section.  It says to download and install the pre-configured repository files “for the latest version and correct architecture.”  ATrpms has a version for FC12 x86_64.  But Freshrpms has nothing for Fedora `12; highest version is 11.
>
> So do I install the files for 11, or not install anything for Freshrpms?

FreshRPMs merged with Livna and assorted others to form RPM Fusion. But mixing RPM Fusion and ATrpms is a Bad Idea. Pretty sure Axel has everything you would have historically grabbed from FreshRPMs[*] in ATrpms now though, so stick with just ATrpms.

[*] iirc, it was mainly just the xine decoder libs that couldn't go in Fedora-proper, which ATrpms does appear to now carry

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com