[mythtv-users] Jerky playback with ITV HD

T D topper.doggle at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:22:14 UTC 2010

2010/1/3 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/3 T D <topper.doggle at googlemail.com>:
>> I'm running 0.22-fixes.  I have two boxes, each running a frontend and
>> backend.  One backend contains a DVB-S card which is pointed at 22.2E
>> for Astra and Eurobird (in particular "Freesat" services here in the
>> UK).  My CPU is an Athlon 64 X2  6000+, and I have an Geforce 8300
>> (the onboard version of the 8200) connected via HDMI.
>>

> I wondering if it is hardware related, bus saturation.Do you have the
> problem on playback on both FEs
>
> What tuner card/interface and graphics card are you using, PCI, AGP or PCIe?

Okay, as per my OP, it's a Geforce 8300 (the onboard version of the
8200).  I'm not sure which of the three connection types that counts
as.  Motherboard is an Asus M3N78-EM.

The tuner card is a PCI  Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2, also known as:
01:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
and Audio Decoder (rev 05)

Is that useful info?  I'll have to wait a while to try ITV HD playback
on the other frontend, as they don't often broadcast.  There's a
programme on at 9pm tomorrow night.

This "bus saturation" is new to me, so I'm perfectly happy to give you
any other debug information that may help you to help me.  :)

Also, if you have any comment on why my logs constantly fill with the
same message, I'd be grateful.

--
TD