[mythtv-users] MythTV worth it still for HDTV?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Sun Jan 3 17:38:48 UTC 2010

I've been running 0.22 for awhile.  It's... ok, nothing overly
impressive comparing to other software.  I don't like any of the new
themes that much.  VDPAU and HDPVR support are my only real reasons from
considering putting more money into it vs just sticking with a crappy
DVR, at least that works 100% and with live TV.   No saving the old
systems.  They are 5+ year old single core.  Besides Myth I need better
hardware with virtualization support as I do Asterisk, Zimbra, and a
dozen other things on these systems.  What I have now is hammered to the
max.