[mythtv-users] Heads up - Gentoo 0.22 Upgrade Coming Soon

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 27 22:26:30 UTC 2010

On 02/27/2010 05:17 PM, Preston Crow wrote:
> Also note that Gentoo unstable just rolled out mysql-5.1, which
> apparently requires some work to transition existing databases from 5.0.
> I haven't noticed any discussion of this here, but it's another upgrade
> issue that could break a working Myth system.

Though SQL-based backups from MySQL 5.0 should restore without issue
onto MySQL 5.1, right?  It's only those users who try to use the MySQL
5.0 binary data files with MySQL 5.1 that will have problems?

If so, following our standard (though not necessarily documented)
recommendation of backing up and restoring the DB (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ) when upgrading
MySQL will prevent any issues.

Mike