[mythtv-users] "small" mATX case that can still hold a full PCIcard?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:55:40 UTC 2010

> I still have to sort out the cooling and more importantly remote reboots.
> Linux can reboot automatically in case of panic, but many freezes aren't
> caused by a "clean" panic.

Network controlled powerstrip - something like this:

http://www.ambery.com/reposw.html

You could even use that to turn a big fan on and off, which would draw
in outside air, and feed it into the case - controlling the power
state of the fan via the motherboard temp :)

FYI - I've run a (now rather old) computer 24x7 in my garage as a
webserver for years, with no issues.  Winter temps - ~40F.  Summer
temps, up toward 100F.  Humidity - often 100% in the winter.